Happy Holidays: A Year in Review
As 2022 draws to a close, I look back on the year in awe and wonder, thanks to:
- The amazing community of financial planners that I find myself a part of.
- The inspiring work you do, creating compelling financial plans for your clients, and guiding families towards a wealthier future.
- The depth of care you show for your clients and your commitment to the highest standards of professionalism.
- The insanely brilliant team of people I'm blessed to work with every day at Timeline.
- How we've thrived together in a particularly challenging year.
I mean, how did I get so lucky?
I am incredibly proud of the giant strides we’ve made together this year:
- The release of important tech features like Compare Plans, Portfolio Analytics and Switch Report, all of which I have no doubt have enhanced your work with clients.
- The deal of the century that we secured in terms of institutional share classes that save your clients over £1.5m a year in fees- and climbing!
- Growing the number of firms we work with by 150% so we now support you in looking after nearly £1.7bn of your client's wealth, an 125% increase over last year.
All this in a year when we’ve witnessed the horror of war in Ukraine, the highest level of inflation in 40 years, and our country burning through prime ministers at lightning speed, one of whom very nearly wrecked the economy!
I know there’s real pain out there still. In this country. In Ukraine. And in far too many parts of our world. I wish I had more than a prayer of peace and respite for those at the sharp end of all these atrocities.
At times like these we must continue playing our role as economic agents; serving our clients the best we can; keeping our team members gainfully employed; paying our fair share of taxes and extending a helping hand to those who are less fortunate.
We did it this year, and I have never felt so much conviction in every fibre of my being that we’ll do it again in 2023 - with bigger and bolder impacts.
I know what the economic clairvoyants are foretelling for the coming year. But we must take up the challenge. We must be the Agents of Change for our industry, for our clients and for ourselves.
Indeed, the great uncertainty that besets our world should mean that good, honest, robust financial planning has never been in greater demand. And your clients should feel a strong sense of reassurance as a result of working with you.
With so much doom and gloom around, the onus is on each of us to be a source of strength in our own little corners of the world.
We’re here to help you. And we have big plans to drive positive change in 2023 and beyond.
Here’s wishing you and yours all the joys of Christmas this festive season. And may the year ahead bring you good health and all-round good fortune.